feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Blogging vs WoW, Internet Explorer, Firefox 3.0.5, My Opinion

Labels: , , , , , ,

So, i've been home all day and i'm actually about to go to sleep. I just decided that i'd write one more blog post before i'd head off to bed, just for the heck of it. I might even be more addicted to blogging than WoW. I'll explain why in a bit. Anyways, since my last post, i've had a very productive day, in terms of school work. I finished my religion at around 12:30, earlier this afternoon. After that, i took a nap, for 4 hours, which was much longer than i had planned. I started working on my Advanced Functions homework at around 5 p.m. and finished at around 6:30. And, from 6:30 till a couple minutes ago, i've been studying for my Chemistry test, which is tomorrow. So, why do i say that i'm more addicted to blogging than WoW? Although, i may spend more time on WoW than i do actually making blogs, i notice that blogging is actually something i do every single day. I usually do about 2 blogs everyday and today i actually never logged on to WoW. How amazing is that? I have a pretty good feeling about tomorrow's test and i really hope i do good. Now i'm going to do 2 quick blogs about Firefox and IE.

On a side note, my 2 best friends, Nikki and Ashlee have started blogging again. Ashlee started because of me and i think the same reason may be for Nikki. Although, Nikki hasn't actually posted on her blog yet, Ashlee already has 3 (Edit: 4 now). She says she's going to outblog me, but we'll have to see about that =). Nikki's first blog is still TBD (To Be Determined).


Since IE fails so hard, here's another post about it. Luckily, they've finally released a "rare emergency update." This update has been finally issued after attackers were targeting a vulnerability on hundreds of thousands of webpages. The author of this article mentions that, "In many cases, the websites distributing the toxic payload are legitimate destinations that have been commandeered, allowing an attacker to snare victims as they surf to online banks, forums and other trusted sites." Later he mentions that, "Most of the attacks silently install keylogging software as soon as a victim surfs to a site carrying the exploit." That's pretty scary stuff. Imagine just one day, logging on to your online bank account, then this keylogger just steals your login credentials. Talk about owned. Did you just read that? Time to install Firefox or Google Chrome, Nikki. These IE 7 articles are real, but i only mention them in my blog so that when my girlfriend reads this she might actually be convinced enough to change her browser, since i hate IE so much. This is a perfect lead for my next paragraph.

Today, an update to my second favourite browser came out, Firefox 3.0.5. "The update includes security and stability fixes, support for more languages, and smashes a whole handful of bugs." Basically, this was just a release to patch up some security and bug issues and that's about it. See how easy it is for Mozilla? Take that IE.

There have been many articles wondering if Internet Explorer has ever been safe, for the past 7 years. For me, i would have to really say no. I say this because about 70% of everyone using the internet is using this browser (IE). This really sets off an alarm to hackers. If 70% of people are cruising the Internet using IE, why not try to hack it? More people = More targets, right? It makes more sense to try to find holes in a browser like IE than to try to go looking for one in Opera or Google Chrome because of the vast majority using Internet Explorer. Why these people use Internet Explorer still puzzles me. I'll say it again and again, IE is so slow compared to other browsers and has many bugs, that actually haven't been patched for years. I really don't know what else to say. But, if you're using IE to view my blog, i'd advise you to switch now because you don't know how much more productivity you can get out of Firefox or Chrome.
Firefox 3.0.5: http://lifehacker.com/5112281/firefox-305-update-released
Firefox eating IE picture: http://dt.yogtec.com/



4 comments:
gravatar
Anonymous said...
December 18, 2008 at 3:09 AM  

FIREFOX ROCKS MY SOCKS!!! <3
lol, i had to.
and yes, i did start blogging because of you, and i have FOUR...not three.
and what else is there to blog on than my superduper trusty friend, firefox. :D
lol, gayness.

gravatar
Unknown said...
December 18, 2008 at 3:29 AM  

Must edit that, i'll fix that in a sec. But yes, firefox owns IE's face. Hah Nikki.

gravatar
Anonymous said...
December 18, 2008 at 3:31 AM  

lmao you've convinced me babe - but not yet. i'll download the new google chrome once it's add-ons and stuff come out. cuz honestly, i think that the "favourites" on IE is so handy. and that empty tab at the side thing. the one u added into my firefox. so if google chrome can support that and STILL look gorgeous as fuck, then i`m def. switching over.

ps. you should be a salesman for firefox/chrome =)

gravatar
Unknown said...
December 18, 2008 at 3:34 AM  

Obviously i haven't since you're still using IE, when you could be using Firefox, but you're choosing not to, rofl.
You suck

Post a Comment