feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Firefox Users Switching To Google Chrome?

Labels: , , , , ,

PC World asks if Firefox is Dead and Crunch Gear asks if Chrome will take over Firefox. I believe that Google's web browser, Chrome, will one day take over all of those Firefox users whether it be months or years from now (probably years). While Google Chrome's use is stuck at around the 1% mark, it has only been out of beta for only a couple of months. Firefox has been gaining  a ton of ground lately on Microsoft's Internet Explorer and that's all great and dandy. I once used Firefox, but I am finding it awfully slow compared to Google Chrome. At this year's Pwn2Own contest, Chrome is the only browser that hasn't been exploited yet. Charlie Miller has said that Chrome is a harder browser to exploit because of their sandboxing feature. He has found a security flaw in Chrome, but is having difficulty exploiting it because of the sandboxing feature and the way the OS's "security measures" work together. Maybe that's why Google is taking a while to release their Mac version, they're trying to get things [near] perfect. It seems that Chrome has the upper hand on security.

Google Chrome is really lightweight and that helps in beating out Firefox in a speed race. Personally, I love the sandboxing feature because some of my sites do crash and it does help that I can just close the tab and continue browsing. I feel that Mozilla really has to do something big to pull me away from Chrome. I rarely used extensions and that's why it was so easy to move from Firefox to Chrome. Obviously, I did use a couple of extensions, but Google has mentioned that they will be releasing extensions shortly; yes, they're still working on it. With the release of extensions it could definitely increase Chrome's market share. As long as Chrome doesn't ditch speed for so-called productivity (with extensions), I think that it will one day surpass Mozilla's Firefox.

My post may be biased, but only time will tell whether Chrome will overtake Firefox or not.

[PC World, Crunch Gear, Lifehacker]



0 comments:

Post a Comment