feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Dell Studio One 19, Google Voice, IE8 Release Date, Windows 7 RC1 Leaked

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

Dell's all-in-one PC attempts are on their way and what better way to reveal them by listing a maxed out spec sheet for all you? This is, i guess, a shot at the new Apple iMacs. Well the all-in-one PC from Dell, dubbed the Studio One 19 PC has a Core 2 Quad processor, a 750GB HDD, 4GB of RAM, 6 USB ports, a 1.3MP integrated webcam, a NVIDIA GeForce 9400 graphics card and a Blu-ray player when you tune up the PC to the max settings. The 18.5-inch all-in-one PC will have a 1,366 x 768 resolution and is even capable of having a touchscreen, but whether it is capacitive or resistive is unknown for now. If you want the max settings it will cost you around $1,500 USD - $1,600 USD. On the other hand, it starts out at a base price of $699 and will be available in the US this Spring.

Google Grandcentral was finally put to good use today. Google has announced a new service called Google Voice and is available "as a preview" to Grandcentral users and to a couple of others via invitation. "The service looks a lot like Gmail for voicemail, although you don't have to be a Gmail user to use it. It lets you retrieve transcripts of your voicemail, archive and search all your sent and received SMS messages, and you can make calls directly from Google Voice's interface. The calls are free in the US, and cost a small free internationally." If you want additional information regarding Google Voice you can click on this link, for Mashable's explanation. Update on July 17th: I just got an e-mail from Google inviting me to try out Google Voice, but since I'm living in Canada I was unable to accept it. A sad, sad day for me. I hope you guys are luckier than I am!

On a side note, Internet Explorer 8 may be available on March 19 or March 20 next week. If you want to see how fast IE8 is (according to Microsoft), then click here for their [Microsoft's] PDF file report. They claim that IE8 is basically faster than Firefox and, more importantly, Google Chrome. Their tests disprove just about every other speed test out there, so i don't really know how well these so-called tests were done... Judging on my experience, I can say that Chrome is much faster than IE, but maybe that's just me. I'll give Internet Explorer 8 a try though, then a quick uninstall afterwards (most likely).

Great news. The Windows 7 RC1 (Build 7057) has been leaked on torrent sites. This is great, since the "official" Windows 7 RC1 is scheduled to be released publicly on April 10, so it's just about a month early. This is also great because my girlfriend is going to the States this weekend, so at least i'm going to spend some of my day not being bored, reformatting both my computer and laptop and installing the [illegal] Windows 7 RC1 to try it out. At least I know how I am going to spend my Saturday, but I still don't know about Sunday or Monday though. Oh yes, I also have March Break next week, so it's a whole week away from Physics work, for the most part. I'm getting the Windows 7 RC1 from my friend tomorrow, if everything goes as planned. I can't wait!

Dell Studio One 19 (and picture): http://www.engadget.com/2009/03/12/dells-multi-touch-studio-one-19-pc/
Google Voice (and picture): http://mashable.com/2009/03/12/google-voice/
IE8 Release Date: http://techreport.com/discussions.x/16569
IE8 Is Fast?: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/03/12/ie_8_speed_test/
Windows 7 RC1 Leaked (and picture): http://lifehacker.com/5168796/new-windows-7-build-7057-hits-bittorrent



0 comments:

Post a Comment